Setting Up Campaigns
Campaigns are the foundation of Track Revenue. Setting up marketing campaigns is the reason you are here! And your need to create these campaigns is really the reason we exist.
Because of this, we offer an extremely comprehensive set of customizable settings for making your campaign exactly how you need it to -- to the T!
Here's a Step-by-Step Guide for Setting Up Campaigns in Track Revenue:
1) Go to the Campaigns>Campaign Management page.
2) Click "Create Campaign"
3) Direct your Campaign to an Offer
There are 3 different ways that you can choose to select which Offer your Campaign will run it's traffic to.
- Direct Link allows you to send your Campaign directly to the Offers you add on your Offers tab. To add Offers for your campaign
- Select the Offers tab next to the Configuration tab
- Select the "Add Offer" button
- Search and select an Offer you've created on the Offer Management page that you wish this Campaign to run Traffic for. For more details on how to do this, see our Setting Up Offers tutorial.
- Landing Pages
- Landing Pages allows you to send your Campaign to your Offers through a Landing Page first. For details on how to set this up, see our Adding Landing Pages to your Campaigns tutorial.
- Smart Links allows you to direct your Campaign to the desired Offer or Landing Page using a global rule system that you can customize yourself. Once mastered, Smart Links has the potential to make your Campaign to Offer/Landing Page set up incredibly quick and easy.
- For more details on how to set up Smart Links, see our Setting Up Smart Links tutorial.
4) Configure your Campaign Settings
Here is a list of all of the settings you can configure your campaign with. We're proud to say we have more granular custom settings than any other tracking platform on the market! That means you get exactly what you want.
|Direct Link||"Direct Link" directs traffic straight to offer|
|Landing Page||"Landing Page" directs traffic to the Landing Page before the Offer|
|Smart Link||"Smart Link" directs traffic through a Smart Link of our choice set up on the Smart Links Tab. For details, see our Setting Up Smart Links tutorial.|
Name your campaign! You may use anything you like, although many customers usually include country code, offer, traffic source, traffic pricing model, device target, etc.
Example: US - CandyCrush [Google Adwords - CPC] Android
This is an auto-generated campaign link. This is the link that you will send to your traffic source.
CPC = Cost per click
CPA = Cost per Action
CPM = Do not track
If you want to track dynamic traffic cost, contact your Account Manager to activate this feature. Make sure that your traffic source can pass the cost amount per click as a c-token.
|Campaign Description||Enter any campaign description text here|
Place a link where you host your Creative here
|Countries||Select which Countries you want this campaign to apply to.|
You can set a hard Daily or Lifetime Cap here. For details, see our Setting Up Caps (for Offers, Campaigns, and Affiliate Campaigns) tutorial.
Note: If you aren't sure what an Affiliate Campaign is, talk to your Track Revenue Account Manager for details!
|Machine Learning Optimization||
Here, you can let our brilliant Machine Learning algorithm optimize where your traffic goes for you! It's a set it and forget it method that will bring traffic to the Offers that bring you the most money.
Note: If you don't see this feature, talk to your Track Revenue Account Manager! We're happy to let you try it out. Trust me, with the money you earn and labor you save, you won't want to go back.
|Domain||Select one of the Tracking Domains that you set up on your Tracking Domain page to use for your campaign. For details, see Setting Up Tracking Domains.|
|Campaign Group||Select one of the Campaign Groups that you set up on your Campaign Group page to use for your campaign. For details, see Setting Up Campaign Groups.|
|Traffic Source||Select one of the Traffic Sources that you set up on your Traffic Source page to use for your campaign. For details, see Setting Up Traffic Sources|
|Manager||Select the Manager User Account who you wish to manage this campaign. Managers will see all the details necessary to track this campaign.|
|Landing Page Expiration||Select how long the Landing Page will expire after the initial visit to the Landing Page. After expiration, revisits will arrive directly to the offer (skipping the landing page).|
|Time Zone||By default, the campaign time zone is set to be the same as the user account's time zone. A different time zone can be selected here if desired.|
|Block/Filter URL||Set a URL that you wish to block here. For details, see Blocking URLs.|
|LP/Offer Rotation by IP||
"Off" uses typical settings set on Landing Page tab
"Rotate Evenly" evenly rotates when all of the Offers and Landing Pages are shown
"Strict Ordering" shows Offers and Landing Pages in order according to how you have set them up.
1st visit: Direct to Landing Page 1/Offer 1
2nd visit: Direct to Landing Page 2/Offer 2
3rd visit: Direct to Landing Page 3/Offer 3
(up to 50 maximum)
|Event Postback||Here, you can generate an event postback link to fire to your Traffic Source when an event occurs.|
|Hide Referrer||Hides Referrer from being passed to the advertiser. For details on this, see the Hide Referrer Guide|
5) Hit the "Update" Button
6) Set additional Third Party Postbacks (optional)
- Here you can add additional postbacks that will be fired when a lead occurs if need be.
You Did It!!
That was a lot of information! We really do it all here at Track Revenue. We're the humble Excalibur to your King Arthur. We're happy to be your weapon of choice as you bring in tons of money with your marketing campaigns.